No measuring Potato Salad

Red potatoes - quartered and boiled - with skin on
Hard boiled eggs
green & yellow bell pepper
Red onion
Mayo
Miracle Whip
Yellow Mustard
Pickle relish
Black Pepper
Sweet basil
After spuds are done, drain & cut into bite-sized chunks. Sprinkle pepper & pour liberal amount of Wishbone Italian salad dressing, stir to coat all the potatoes. Let cool in fridge in covered bowl. Once cooled, add chopped up hard boiled eggs, (don’t be stingy with these) chopped onion and peppers. (Can add chopped celery if desired) In separate bowl mix Mayo, Miracle Whip, mustard and pickle relish - to taste. (I use more Mayo than Miracle Whip and I'm not stingy with the mustard either.) Dump this mixture onto potatoes and egg mixture, stir well and run the spoon over it to level * Slice a few hard boiled eggs and place on top of salad, sprinkle light amount seasoned salt, or paprika. Cover and replace to fridge until ready to eat. ** I didn’t measure anything, but can tell you I used 6 medium potatoes and 7 eggs; it fed 8 of us with small amount left over. The kids wanted this recipe. . . . here it is!

No comments: