So I wouldn't say I have the best skills in cooking but I'm trying new things with Freeze Dried Foods. (Both Honeyville & Thrive Shelf Reliance) Thanks Aunt Linda for introducing me to freeze dried foods.
Not all of this recipe is with freeze dried foods.
Meat Mixture:
Ground Meat
Corn (Thrive Shelf Reliance)
Carrots (Thrive Shelf Reliance)
Onions (Thrive Shelf Reliance)
1/2 cup Water. (Cooking with water helps meat cook better and not burn. This is a trick Mom passed on to me)
Cook all this in a fry pan and when done add a Jar of Salsa, about 3/4 of the jar (any brand, just so the meat mixture isn't dry)
Mashed Potatoes
Potato Flakes (Honeyville)
Salt & Pepper
Powered Butter (Thrive Shelf Reliance)
I know it's odd to use powered butter, but it adds flavor to the potatoes
Add cheese to the top and there you go...
I do apologize for not putting measurements, as I was trying things out.

No comments:
Post a Comment