Pretzel Caramel Fudge


14 oz. sweetened condensed milk
3 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cup crushed pretzels (I added a little more because I like the salty part)
A bag and a half of Werther's unwrapped caramels (they were 11 ounce bags.)
2 tablespoons water

FYI--I microwaved all my ingredients, but did it in short bursts so I wouldn't scorch it.

Line an 8 x 8 pan with foil (sides, too) and lightly grease with butter.
In a glass bowl or measuring cup, add chocolate chips and condensed milk.
Microwave until melted, stirring about every 15-20 seconds.
Stir in the salt and vanilla using an electric mixer or by hand (I used the mixer.)
Once it's smooth and creamy, poor into foil lined pan and spread to level it out.
Sprinkle 3/4 cup of the crushed pretzels over the top and press into the fudge.
In a glass bowl or measuring cup, melt caramels with the 2 tablespoons of water.
Microwave until melted, stirring about every 15-30 seconds.
Spread evenly over the fudge/pretzel layer.
Sprinkle the rest of the crushed pretzels over the top of the melted caramel.
Refrigerate a couple hours.
Cut into one-inch squares and eat, share, and enjoy!

No comments: