Fry Bread for Navajo Tacos
3 cups warm water
1/3 cup sugar
3 Tbsp yeast
1/3 cup oil
3 eggs
3 tsp salt
6-8 cups flour
Mix the water, sugar and yeast and let stand 10 minutes. Mix the dry ingredients. Add oil and beaten egss to liquid mixture, then add the dry ingredients and let rise once. Put some oil on the table and roll out the dough. Cut in 4x4 inch squares approx. Fry in pot of hot oil.
Serve with refried beans, taco meat, lettuce, tomatoes, cheese, onions, sour cream, etc.
For dessert put out some honey butter and cinnamon and powdered sugar! Yum!! :)
This makes a lot! We served 13 people with one batch and everyone got more than one scone for the meal and then got one for dessert as well!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Oh my goodness these look yummy! I think I have everything to make them too. Maybe I will try the dessert ones tonight. Thanks!
Ashley@ Thereisnoplacelikehomemade
Post a Comment